Course Title: SolidWorks Certification
Awarded By: CADD Centre
Course Category: Engineering
Course Duration: 60 Hours
The course objective is to make student proficiency in using Solid Works to design components, product assemblies, and Weldment designs and generate product documentation. In addition they will learn Product Data Management using Solid Works Workgroup PDM Vault Admin.
- Mechanical Engineers,
- Mechatronics Engineers
- Individuals working in New Product Development / Manufacturing / Production / Prototyping fields
Pre-Requisite: Basic Knowledge of AutoCAD
This course will cover the following key exams:
- CAD Animation: How to create a 3D, animated movie of your product design
- Product Data Management: How to keep, reuse, repurpose all design data in a secure way
- Revision Control: How to keep track of the changes you make to your evolving product design, and also monitor changes each revisions bring to your overall design and manufacturing cost
- Costing: How to check your design against manufacturing cost, and how to automatically generate manufacturing cost, as you design
- Part and Assembly: How to design parts and assemblies of parts
- Tolerance Analysis: How to analyze the tolerance levels of each individual part separately, as well as all that of parts when functioning collectively
- CAD Library: How to increase productivity by making use of CAD library
- Interference Check: How to check the way all parts fit among themselves, and operate as intended
At the end of this course trainees will be able to:
- You will quickly design product concepts because you can use scanned 3D data, imported images, or simple sketches to demonstrate the initial concept.
- You will create an electronic workflow that will cover all tasks right from conception of design, to prototyping to testing for the manufacturability of your design.
- You will keep all your design data and design intellectual property in multiple file formats and manage them in a safe, centralized place. You can let your team collaborate with you at any stage of product development.
- You will be a productive, innovative, and communicative designer/engineer, with an ability to work with people spanning different disciplines