Course Title: Diploma in Accounting and Business
Awarded By: Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
Course Category: Accounting & Finance
Course Duration: 90 Hours
This programme is designed to prepare you for the professional Certified Management Accountant (CMA®) exams, using AMI’s proven teaching methods and world-class faculty with CMA-approved learning materials. This programme offers intensive preparation for the CMA® examination designed for business professionals looking to develop their careers in accounting and control by formal certification.
Suitable for those aspiring to work or already working in:
- a junior accounts clerk/junior bookkeeper role in a small-medium sized enterprise (SME)
- a range of junior accounting administration roles within an accounting department of a larger organisation or financial shared service centre.
This course will cover the following key exams:
- FA1 – Recording Financial Transactions
To introduce knowledge and understanding of the business and its environment and the influence this has on how organisations are structured and on the role of the accounting and other key business functions in contributing to the efficient, effective and ethical management and development of an organisation and its people and systems.
- MA1 – Management Information
To develop knowledge and understanding of providing basic management information in an organisation to support management in planning and decision-making.
After this course preparation, students will be able to explain and understand:
- Types of business transactions and documentations
- Duality of transactions and the double entry system
- Banking system and transactions
- Ledger accounts
- Cash and bank
- Sales and Credit transactions
- Purchases and Credit transactions
- Preparing the trial balance
- Explain the nature and purpose of cost and management accounting
- Identify source documents in a costing system and correctly code data
- Classify costs by nature, behaviour and purpose
- Record costs for material, labor and expenses
- Provide information on actual and expected costs
- Use the spreadsheet system in Microsoft Excel.