Course Title: International Technical Certificate in Oil & Gas – Level 4
Awarded By: NEBOSH (UK)
Course Category: Health & Safety
Course Duration: 50 Hours
This qualification is designed specifically for those with safety responsibilities in the oil and gas industry.The qualification focuses on international standards and management systems, enabling students to effectively discharge workplace safety responsibilities both onshore and offshore.
The Certificate also highlights the importance of process safety management in the oil and gas industry.
Those who have the responsibility for ensuring safety as part of their day to day duties, including:
- Employee representatives;
- Newly appointed Health and Safety Advisers.
Pre-Requisite: Students should already have an underpinning knowledge of safety issues and may already have studied one of NEBOSH’s Certificate-level qualification
The NEBOSH Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety covers the principles of process safety management in the oil and gas industries. The syllabus takes a risk management approach based on best practice and international industry standards.
The course covers:
- Safety and environmental management in this industry
- Hydrocarbon process safety
- Fire protection and emergency response
At the end of this course, the trainee will be able to:
- Investigate incidents and use the lessons learnt to improve health and safety performance.
- Recognise hazards, risks and controls inherent to oil and gas industries.
- Implement a variety of risk management techniques used in oil and gas industries.
- Understand the principles of assessing and managing contractors.
- Undertake a safe shift handover.
- Recognise the types of failure modes that may lead to loss of containment from hydrocarbons.
The NEBOSH International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety will benefit oil and gas companies working to international standards who are seeking to implement effective safety and process safety management across all areas of their operation.
NEBOSH accredited course providers offer a variety of course formats enabling candidates and employers to arrange training around the needs of the business.