Course Title: International Diploma – Level 6
Awarded By: NEBOSH (UK)
Course Category: Health & Safety
Course Duration: 231 Hours
As globalisation gathers pace NEBOSH has seen the need for a common and consistent standard for achieving and maintaining the health and safety of workers in all parts of the world. The NEBOSH National Diploma has been recognised for many years as a leading qualification in the field of health and safety in the UK, providing the specialist knowledge and understanding, combined with the application of the expertise required to undertake a career as a Safety and Health Practitioner. The NEBOSH International Diploma will fulfil the same objectives in other countries around the world.
- The NEBOSH International Diploma is the qualification for aspiring health and safety professionals building directly upon the foundation of knowledge provided by the NEBOSH International General Certificate. It is designed to provide students with the expertise – wherever in the world they may be working – required to undertake a career as a safety and health practitioner. It also provides a sound basis for progression to an MSc or more specialist study (such as the NEBOSH Diploma in Environmental Management).
It provides the core health and safety knowledge which, combined with understanding and appropriate application, underpins the competent performance of an Occupational Health and Safety Practitioner.
The qualification is divided into four units, each of which is assessed separately:
- Unit IA: International management of health and safety
- Unit IB: International control of hazardous agents in the workplace
- Unit IC: International workplace and work equipment safety
- Unit ID: International application of health and safety theory and practice
At the end of this course the trainee will be able to:
- Review health and safety arrangements within a workplace and produce justified recommendation to reduce risk and improve health and safety performance.
- Implement an effective health and safety management strategy at an operational level.
- Recognise and control major aspects of health and safety within a workplace.
- Reduce costs by preventing accidents and ill-health of employees and thus improving productivity.
Qualified health and safety professionals that are an asset to their organisations, reducing costs by preventing accidents and ill health of employees, without incurring unnecessary expense by over-reacting to trivial risks.
Courses leading to the NEBOSH International Diploma can be taken in a variety of formats and at a pace to fit around the needs of the business. Its unitised structure recognises success as the student progresses. Its practical approach promotes the application of the knowledge acquired on the course to problem solving in the student’s own workplace.