Course Title: Intermediate Certificate in Financial & Management Accounting
Awarded By: Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
Course Category: Accounting & Finance
Course Duration: 90 Hours
Intermediate Financial and Management Accounting is part of a programme designed for anyone who is just starting out on their accountancy journey.
Suitable for those aspiring to work or already working in:
- A bookkeeping or cost clerk role in an SME
- A range of accounting administration roles within an accounting department of a larger organisation or financial shared service centre.
This course will cover the following key exams:
- FA2 – Maintaining Financial Records
To develop knowledge and understanding of the underlying principles and concepts relating to Maintaining Financial Records and technical proficiency in the use of double-entry accounting techniques including the preparation of basic financial statements
- MA2 – Managing Costs and Finances
To develop knowledge and understanding of how to prepare, process and present basic cost information to support management in planning and decision-making in a variety of business contexts.
• Reconcile the control accounts and cashbook
• Extending the trial balance, year end adjustments and final accounts
• Account for partnerships.
• Explain the role of costing within the organization and how costs are classified
• Describe and record costs by classification
• Explain and apply cost accounting techniques
• Use management accounting techniques to make and support decision-making
• Explain principles of cash management
• Apply and use computer spreadsheets in Microsoft Excel.