Course Title: HABC Level 1 International Award in Principles of Health and Safety
Awarded By: Highfield Awarding Body for Compliance
Course Category: Health & Safety
Course Duration: 5 Hours
The Level 1 International Award in Principles of Health and Safety is a qualification intended for learners working in any environment or about to start work for the first time. Learners gaining this qualification will know that health and safety is the responsibility of everyone within a business, including themselves, their colleagues, contractors, visitors and suppliers.
- This qualification is designed for those learners either currently working or those returning or starting work and wishing to gain a nationally recognised qualification in health and safety.
The following topics will be covered:
- Explain what is meant by health and safety at work.
- State the key terms used in health and safety.
- Identify the hazards and risks
- Outline the benefits of maintaining a tidy, well organised setting.
- State the importance of maintaining suitable environmental conditions.
- Identify the welfare facilities that should be provided.
- Outline the different types of health and safety signage.
- Identify the need for reporting accidents, ill health, dangerous events and near misses.
- Explain the purpose of first-aid provision.\
- Outline the types and uses of personal protective equipment.
- State the importance of personal hygiene
At the end of the course, the students will be able to:
- Understand the importance of health and safety
- Understand the scope of hazards and risks.
- Understand the range of conditions that can affect health and safety
- Understand the requirements for procedures