Course Title: Environmental Awareness at Work – Level 2
Awarded By: NEBOSH (UK)
Course Category: Health & Safety
Course Duration: 20 Hours
The NEBOSH Environmental Awareness at Work qualification will introduce your workforce to environmental issues and the role they play in improving organisational environmental performance.
- This introductory qualification is aimed at anyone who needs a basic understanding of environmental issues in the workplace. It provides a general awareness of environmental issues and can be taken by employees at all levels within the organisation.
The following topics will be covered:
- Foundations of environmental awareness
- The meaning of environment, habitats, ecosystems, pollution and sustainability
- The importance and benefits of sustainable development
- Environmental management systems (EMS)
- Pollution, impact assessments and emergencies
- Principles and practice of impact (risk) assessments
- The main sources, types, control and impacts of air pollution
- The main sources, controls and impacts of water pollution
- The main sources, controls and impacts of environmental noise
- Types of waste – hazardous, non-hazardous, and other legally controlled categories
- Waste management
- Dealing with environmental emergencies
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the meaning of the environment, weather, climate, habitats, ecosystems, biodiversity, pollution, sustainability.
- Identify the importance and benefits of sustainable developments.
- Identify an environmental management system's main components and the certification process.
Implementing a successful Environmental Management System such as ISO 14001 requires workers to recognise the impact they have on the environment. Students can apply their learning as soon as they return to work. This will help your organisation reduce waste, improve energy efficiency, achieve cost savings and help avoid legal action.