Course Title: Associated Professional in Human Resources aPHRi
Awarded By: Human Resources Certification Institute
Course Category: Human Resources
Course Duration: 40 Hours
HRCI's Associate Professional in Human Resources™ (aPHR™) is the perfect certification to help fast-track your career growth and provide you with the confidence to launch into the HR profession. The aPHR is the first-ever HR certification designed for professionals who are just beginning their HR career journey and proves your knowledge of foundational Human Resources.
To be eligible for the aPHR you must have a high school diploma or global equivalent. No HR experience is required since this is a knowledge-based credential.
This course will cover the following key topics:
- HR Operations
- Recruitment and Selection
- Compensation and Benefits
- Human Resource Development and Retention
- Employee Relations
- Health, Safety, and Security
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- Understand the tactical and operational tasks related to workforce management and the HR function. Complying with the laws, regulations, and policies that affect the organization.
- Understand the hiring process including regulatory requirements, sourcing of applicants, formal interview and selection process, and on-boarding of a new hire.
- Understand concepts related to total rewards such as pay and benefit programs.
- Respond to employee questions and handling claims in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and company policies.
- Understand the techniques and methods for delivering training programs and developing individual employees.
- Understand the methods organizations use to monitor and address morale, performance, and retention. Balancing the operational needs of the organization with the well-being of the individual employee.