Course Title: Agile Certified Practitioner Preparatory Course
Awarded By: Project Management Institute
Course Category: Project Management
Course Duration: 24 Hours
The PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)® formally recognizes your knowledge of agile principles and your skill with agile techniques. It will make you shine even brighter to your employers, stakeholders and peers.
If you work on agile teams or if your organization is adopting agile practices, the PMI-ACP is a good choice for you. Compared with other agile certifications based solely on training and exams, the PMI-ACP is evidence of your real-world, hands-on experience and skill.
- 2,000 hours of general project experience working on teams. A current PMP® or PgMP® will satisfy this requirement but is not required to apply for the PMI-ACP.
- 1,500 hours working on agile project teams or with agile methodologies. This requirement is in addition to the 2,000 hours of general project experience.
- 21 contact hours of training in agile practices.
This course will cover the following key topics:
- Agile Principles and Mindset
- Value-Driven Delivery
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Team Performance
- Adaptive Planning
- Problem Detection and Resolution
- Continuous Improvement (Product, Process, People)
The certification exam has 120 multiple-choice questions and you have three hours to complete it.
To maintain your PMI-ACP, you must earn 30 professional development units (PDUs) in agile topics every three years
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- Agile Analysis and Design
- Agile Estimation
- Interpersonal skills
- Planning, Monitoring, and Adapting